Open Call for Balatorium Artist Residency programme
BALATORIUM is launching an art residency programme for 2022 for artistsworking in a variety of fields and artistic media. The aim of the residencyprogramme is to bring in artists who would create new works of art incollaboration with researchers, experts and ecologists active in the Balatonregion, based on site- and context-specific research, in line with their ownpractice and methodology, thus promoting a dialogue between art and science.
The BALATORIUM series of cultural events and science communication project, which is part of the Veszprém-Balaton 2023 European Capital of Culture (VEB2023 ECOC) programme.
THE APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE
- a professional CV of up to two pages (name, permanent address, email and telephone contact details, professional studies, exhibitions, professional awards, etc.)
- a digital portfolio of selected works of the applicant (preferably in pdf format, max. 10 MB)
- a professional project concept note of up to two A4 pages outlining how the applicant would make use of the opportunity offered by the residency programme
- a brief description of how the applicant plans to work together with researchers from the Institutes and what kind of collaboration they expect
- a statement that the data submitted for the application may be handled by the VEB2023 ECOC and the BALATORIUM and may be made available to staff and experts involved in the organisation of the grant application and to members of the jury.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to [email protected],
application is free of charge. The deadline for submission is May 15th, 2022
(midnight), applicants will be notified of the results by May 30th.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT BALATORIUM: https://bazis.balatorium.hu/english-summary